Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Little Japanese town

Do you know that we have a (little) Japanese town in Bangkok?. Well maybe i shouldnt use the word "town" perhaps i should have call it "Japanese street". Its located on Silom street, Soi Thaniya. "Soi" is the term used in Thailand for a side-street branching off a major street. The place well know for a varieties of Golf equipment, Japanese food and a place for a gentleman(if you know what i mean!).




A quick lunch with my Dad at the Japanese restaurant at soi Thaniya, the environment, the street, the people and the food somehow in that moment it make me feel like I'm at another side of the world. A unique place in that very small corner, a must place to visit when you are here in Bangkok!.

A juicy and thick Katsu curry is what we had for lunch even though how much my Dad dislike in any (i mean any) curry, I somehow can manage to drag and beg him to try this Japanese curry for lunch...haha. He kinda like it and in the end he nicely asked me if he can have another Udon soup!!.. (errr..rr go ahead Dad!).